November 8, 2016
Apparel Importers Pre-Conference Seminar & Reception Hosted by PwC - Click Here for Details
November 9, 2016
28th Apparel Importers Trade & Transportation Conference Hosted by USFIA & AISA at Tribeca Rooftop
8:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
Registration & Networking Breakfast in Exhibit Hall
9:00 A.M. to 9:20 A.M.
- Hubert Wiesenmaier, Executive Director of the American Import Shippers Association (AISA)
- Julia K. Hughes, President of the United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA)
- Michael Singer, Vice President of Customs & Social Compliance at Macy’s Merchandising Group and Chair of the United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA)
9:20 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
What Now? The 2016 Elections & the Outlook for Trade & Customs Policy
- David Spooner, Partner at Barnes & Thornburg LLP in Washington, D.C., Former Chief Textile & Apparel Negotiator at the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, Former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Import Administration
- Jon Fee, Senior Counsel at Alston & Bird LLP in Washington, D.C.
- John Pellegrini, Customs Counsel at McGuireWoods LLP in New York City
- Julia K. Hughes, President of USFIA (Moderator)
10:00 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.
Networking Break in Exhibit Hall
10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.
Transportation Executive Forum: Are There Lessons Vessel-Sharing Partners Can Learn from the Hanjin Meltdown?
- Brian Conrad, Executive Administrator of the Transpacific Stabilization Agreement (TSA)
- Brian Moore, Director at Maersk Line North America
- Greg Tuthill, Chief Operating Officer of CMA CGM Americas
- Ken Uriu, Business Development Manager for the Port of Long Beach
- Hubert Wiesenmaier, Executive Director of AISA (Moderator)
11:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
A Conversation with U.S. Customs
- Todd Owen, Executive Assistant Commissioner at the U.S. Customs & Border Protection Office of Field Operations
- Mary Jo Muoio, Senior Vice President of Trade Services for GEODIS
12:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.
1:40 P.M. to 2:20 P.M.
Sustainability from the Ground Up
- Michelle Tarry, Director of Responsible Sourcing for American Eagle Outfitters
- Daren Abney, Membership Engagement Manager for the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI)
- Michael Singer, Vice President of Customs & Social Compliance for Macy's Merchandising Group and Chair of USFIA's Social Compliance & Sustainability Committee
- J. Berrye Worsham, President & CEO of Cotton Incorporated
2:20 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Future Fashion: Innovations in Fabric & Design
- Maytee Pereira, Managing Director in PwC's Customs & International Trade Practice (Moderator)
- R. Michael Tyndall, Vice President of Product Development & Innovation at Cotton Incorporated
- Tricia Carey, Director of Business Development for Denim at Lenzing Fibers
- Jay Hertwig, Vice President of Global Brand Sales, Marketing & Product Development for Unifi, Inc.
3:00 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Afternoon Networking Break in Exhibit Hall
3:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Navigating Retail's Next Mile - Interactive Session with Mobile App
- Tim Laseter, Managing Director of PwC's Strategy&
4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Wrap Up: The Future of Trade Policy & the Global Fashion Industry
- Robert Antoshak, Managing Director of Olah, Inc.
- Avedis Seferian, President & CEO of Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
- Stefanie Rotta, Senior Director of Global Sourcing at URBN Inc. (Urban Outfitters & Anthropologie)
- Domenick Gambardella, Partner & National Practice Leader in PwC's Customs & International Trade Practice
- Gary Barraco, Director of Global Product Marketing for Amber Road
5:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Networking Reception in Exhibit Hall